The HighPower BIDI® is a bi-directional optical component designed for full duplex communication over a single fiber.
The HighPower BIDI® components consist of a FP of DFB laser and PIN diode or APD digital receiver as well as integrated WDM filter for dual wavelength Tx/Rx operation. The emitter and the receiver are placed in hermetically sealed TO cans and are located on the sides of the module.
The standard versions of HighPower BIDI® feature an SC or LC receptacles. The single fiber concept saves overall system costs by eliminating one fiber, allowing for doubling of capacity without installing new fiber, and simplifying fiber management.
- Integrated WDM filter for dual wavelength Tx/Rx operation at 1310-1490-1550nm/1310-1490-1550 nm
- FP/DFB laser diode transmitter
- PIN diode / APD digital receiver
- Tx a Rx are in two separated TOs.
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- SC or LC receptacle
- Single-mode or Multi Mode fiber
- Class 3B laser product
- Hermetically sealed Tx and Rx for high reliability and long lifetime
- Access Network, e.g. media converters for Fiber-In-The-Loop (FITL), Point-to Point (P2P)
- Inter-system communication between Servers, Switches, Routers, Add-Drop-Multiplexers, Cross Connect, etc. in Central Offices, Data Storage Networks, High Speed Server Farms, etc.
- Digital Video and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) applications for Transport, Traffic and Security